Was a nice morning out today and glad to have gotten this done as I have a full plate of things to get done. However, I think from last nights run to this morning didn’t give me enough recovery as my legs were feeling it today from those hills still. 🏃♂️
Well this run had a lot of interesting hills but fun trails so was well worth it in the end. I am thankful my friend chose this route and we will have to explore some of the area more again. However, how can you beat some of the views from the top or even later the sunset. 🏃♂️
Sunset in Richardson Nature Center, Bloomington, MN
Looking out from the peak of Hyland Hills Ski Area over Minneapolis, MN
I am not going to lie when I say I like that it is 53°F out this morning. I wish I would have done something but drinking coffee and getting some work done suites me fine right now.
Off and on rainy run today so took some shelter on the trail. The cooler temperatures were appreciated but same end result with being soaked at the end of it… 🤷♂️
First time running with the dog today. He might have had fun for half of it but then I think he was ready to be done. However, in this picture I do feel like he looks happy as he was trotting along. Honestly, he didn’t look like he was working that hard but seems to be tired out even now that it is the afternoon and he has just been sleeping the day away. 🐶
Nice find in my email today that a friend Brendan Leonard has a new film out today titled “The Seven Summits of My Neighborhood” which I found very entertaining and insightful. It reminds me that as much adventure can be found all around the world sometimes there is more than you think to explore or “create your own fun” in the area you live that is worth exploring. There are a bunch of little quotes and insights throughout this video but the one I laughed out loud and probably was just a one-off comment though resonated with me as a runner was:
This trail is what I think you would call “Deceptively Runnable”
I have been known to run in areas that are “deceptively runnable and turn out to be more work than planned.
You can read some more about the making of the film and how he got the idea on his website Semi-Rad.
Catching the sunrise over the Prairie on the run today. I realized I haven’t ventured to the trails North of my house for a while and it was a peaceful morning in the Conservation area. The only movement I saw was a herd of deer who I am sure I scared and they went jumping through the wooded area in the middle.
Talking with my running friend last night gave me a little extra motivation this morning and the fast I was feeling pretty good to deviate from what I was thinking. So I extended this run to add some more miles. It still doesn’t get old seeing the sun rise early with some steam off the lake.
Thankful for the cooler morning with some sprinkles from time to time though I think it was mostly because of the humidity. Good way to start the week off getting a run in with also what is looking like a light meeting day. 🙌
Also had some spectators this morning but I am not sure they were impressed..
Testing out @Amit’s new [Scribe (https://www.amitgawande.com/2023/08/07/launching-scribe-a.html) app to publish to Micro.blog and it seems really slick so far!
Ok it is time for our Puppy “Big Darbs” (Darby the Doodle) to go check out the lake. We will see how this goes 😬
Some 1 mile hot (as in temp) laps around Round lake today while the boy was up lifting and working on his basketball shot in the gym. As I kept circling I was shocked how low this small lake is this year.
I do enjoy these early morning runs and being able to catch the sunrise but I still don’t enjoy the heat at this hour of the day. I tried to take a normal route and find more shade but not even sure if that mattered.
Can’t believe I missed this news about SquareSpace acquiring Google Domains but it reminded me I have a couple more domains sitting at Google that I still need to move to Porkbun. Please don’t be tempted to buy any while do this as I should probably just let some lapse. 😆🐷
These things have been swirling around in my mind all day. Some are actual questions I am pondering and probably need to look for advice from others that have similar issues (e.g., kids backups) and then others are just random things I am thinking about today. It might be the early morning hour I woke up, got a run in and have consumed a fair amount of coffee.
- What is the best approach to backup all of my kids phone and computers (only 1 has one at this time)?
- Should I change up how I store photos and where I have my backups? I think I have about 4 places right now all in and videos are still a wild card.
- Note-taking is still a mess as to where I put what but I have downsized one by one by finally getting rid of Evernote but also increased one by starting to use Bear now as well 🤦♂️
- File storage, probably should shift to just one platform as I have some in Google Drive and now some in iCloud.
- I should really sign up for some sort of running race this year but leaning towards just a fun trail run.
- Is there any more consolidation I should do on my Social Media or Online presence side of things?
- Should I sell my iPad mini as I don’t know if I get enough value out of it today or what could do or use it for more?
- I need to get back to being a more morning person as I enjoy those quiet hours in the morning before everything gets crazy.
- Next time I take more than one day off I think I need to block off about 1/2 my morning on my first day back to just get back k up to speed (assuming I stepped away and didn’t keep checking email and working on break). I think that would help make the meeting later in the day or early the next more productive.
- When posting a picture to Micro.blog should I have it posted in Markdown or HTML?
- It would be nice from time to time e to tag a location in Micro.blog I feel like at one point there had been talk about that but I might be misremembering. I know there is shortcuts I can use to get a link in there but would be nice to make it more streamlined.
- Wouldn’t it be great if it was easier to use Focus modes on Apple devices? I really like the idea and try to set it up a number of times but then I am never sure I set it upright. You know what they need some preset ones based on your usage and what you check right away or ignore. Well, maybe that isn’t ideal because we are trying to create a better habit by using it.
- How did this list get so long! 😱
Well it kind of looked like a fun temporary trail to explore as there was no utility workers around…. Until it wasn’t as I tried to push on through the weeds but gave up after tons of burrs on my socks and shoes.
Didn’t really want to get up this morning but after an hour of tossing and turning I decided I should start the day off with some miles around the lake. Reflecting it was a great fun full weekend with friends.